The arts are powerful forms of expression that recognise, value, and contribute to the unique bicultural and multicultural character of Aotearoa New Zealand, enriching the lives of all New Zealanders. The arts have their own distinct languages that use both verbal and non-verbal conventions, mediated by selected processes and technologies. Through movement, sound, and image, the arts transform people’s creative ideas into expressive works that communicate layered meanings (NZ Curriculum).
We desire for student learning to be Transformational in nature and as such, students will be innovative and creative as they are given opportunities to be expressive in the various art forms.
It is our vision for students to be creative thinkers.
We Value Creativity:
- Our God is a creative God and we are made in His image.
- God has blessed us with many gifts including the gift of creativity.
- In creating us, God gave us the ability to express our creativity in many different ways.
- God expects us to develop fully the gifts He has blessed us with including the gift of creativity.
- As we develop our gifts, God wants us to use them to be a blessing to others.